I looked at people as I walked about today. I looked at
their faces. I noticed their mannerisms. I thought about
why I see so much misery. I don't feel miserable and I
don't believe in happiness. People can be "content" I
will give them that. Moments of happiness...sure. Sadness
as well.
I looked up the definition of miserable. I found that it
strictly meant: wretchedly unhappy,
uneasy, or
uncomfortable. (Dictionary.com)
I
found that perhaps it goes deeper than being uneasy. Aren't we
all a little uneasy, at least most of the time? What happened
to America? This is supposed to be the place of happiness!
We work. We have a home. We spend our time with family
and friends. Then again. I see a world of despair.
I see a place that doesn't have a dream. I don't see
picket-fences, I see run-down apartments and broken homes. Debt
and money have tarnished our imagination--unless it is finding a way
to make more of it!
America is in a depression. The greatest of them all.
What I do like about it is the word: "uncomfortable."
Great! Comfort breeds laziness. This country is
comfortable. People are not miserable! They give and
take. They relax with a pill or a puff, a drink or some snuff.
When people are uncomfortable they make a change because then they
know what it truly means to be human. To not know, but to
understand what suffering really is. I hear that pain is
relative. "You don't know what I'm going through!"
you can hear one scream at another.
Think. Think about perspective. You can understand and
you can help. These are all "comfortable" gestures.
Have empathy, give hope. For what? So you can deceive
rather than believe. I suppose that is what the lot of
humanity wants; and more time. What for? To tell others
how "bad" things are. Tell them a story, something
they didn't already know. Then again, perhaps your happiness
can't be defined.
No comments:
Post a Comment